Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Recorded sound

So, I was reading somewhere that the reason we sound different when recorded was because

We tend to hear our own voices as much through our jawbone and throat as through our ears, so virtually everyone thinks their voice sounds different when they hear it recorded, while other people hear it the same way. And in most cases, we think we sound better than the recording reveals. This is one reason why "announcer" training uses recordings to help students learn how to speak better.
-wilderwriter on Yahoo! Answer
Now, I know this is probably not a scientific explaination, but I know my voice definitely sounds different when recorded, and I do hate my recorded voice. (Can I get a head count of who else hates their recorded voice?? Hmm huh, I thought so).

You would think it'd be a simple tweak on the audio/mic recorder end (or manufacturer end) to maybe, just maybe, add a little bit of bass or something (sorry, don't know the correct technical term) to the recording process, so the voices would be closer to what we hear inside our head.

Now I bet that recorder is going to sale like a hot cake! or maybe I just don't want my screaming in the recording to sound like a little girl shrieking. I am just saying... :D


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

About This Blog

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP